Sunday, August 5, 2007

August 4th, 2007




In medias res. That's how I always like to start things. Latin for "in the middle of things." Which is why I often begin my entries with the story of my dinner by starting in the middle of the meal. I love it when something out of the ordinary happens in my day because I always make a mental note of it and try to snap a picture to tell you all about it in my blog. In that spirit, I'm going to jump right into things. Someone asked me about my favorite books, so here's a list...

1. I Am Legend by Richard Matheson.

This is a great book - it inspired Stephen King.

2. Four Past Midnight by Stephen King

This is a collection of short stories by Stephen King, inspired in part by Richard Matheson. I like them because they include "Secret Window" which was made into a film starring Johnny Depp who I would love to have on the show sometime.
3. Eragon by Christopher Paolini.

What can I say? It's a classic. Palolini, my fellow Italian, is a master wordsmith. His concepts and ideas are so fresh and unlike anything you've ever heard of before that it'll be no surprise to you that a 15-year-old wrote it, since he had a young, fresh, un-influenced mind ripe for storytelling.

4. I Am A Jedi by Qui-Gon Jinn

INSTANT favorite before I even read it - I was so shocked to discover a) that Qui-Gon Jinn was real, b) that he didn't really die in The Phantom Menace, and c) that he was a published author that I was beside myself with glee. I still have yet to read it but I like to keep the book under my pillow and pull it out to look at the pretty pictures every once in a while to know that the Force is with me.

The first picture is a new hairstyle we're thinking of trying out for Teyla. I'm quite proud - I designed it myself.

And there's one of my pugs, Rodolphus, doing his yoga. He's just so darn cute.

You know, I used to be a fan of the 2005 series Night Stalker starring Stuart Townsend and Gabrielle Union. When it was canceled after only 6 episodes I nearly threw a fit. I don't think my pug Germarillo has ever recovered from my profane outbursts upon hearing the news. For a while I was so angry that I thought about joining an internet support group to try to help bring the show back on the air. If nothing else occurred, we fans could at least do something productive with our energy and write fanfiction and make fan music videos, learning while played. But then it struck me that to do that would merely be to join the masses of high-pitched, ignorant guinea pigs (which, of course, infers that all you fans who read this then b*&%h to me are also the same). So what did I do? I moved on with my life - I photographed some fine food, ate a gallon of spumoni ice cream and took the rest of my frustration out on our character Dr. Carson Beckett.

Alright, now to check the mail -

SheylaAllTheWayla writes: "Will there be any more Sheyla bonding scenes in season 4? I think you should, so you can shut up all those Spanky fans and make them understand Sheyla is the TRUE ship."

Answer: It's funny you should ask - there's a great hug between them with some groping involved, if I'm not mistaken. Though I refuse to talk about ships.

Anonnymous writes: " How are you so drop dead S-E-X-Y? *giggles and drops tea at sight of your photos* <33<33<333"

Answer: Normally I don't respond to this sort of comment, but in your case I'm making an exception to let you know that I'll have pics of me up tomorrow.

Anonnymous # 2 writes: "So is it true? Was the plan to Kick of Weir so she can stop making googlie eyes at Sheppard; Get Teyla pregnant; Bring Keller in to flirt with Ronon---Just a plot to try and Attempt to develop the non-existent relationship of SHEYLA?"

Answer: Now you've done it - you've figured out the whole master plan for season 4. Why even bother writing the episodes when we have fans like you fulfilling their self-fulfilling prophecies? And is Sheyla is non-existent then how come you're talking about? Besides, I don't discuss ships.

No comments: